Recap from Day 64 Wash Day
- Applied protein treatment.
- Deep conditioned with heat.
- Applied leave-in.
- Bantu knotted to stretch and dry. (forgot to photograph)
- Taliah Waajid Herbal Hair Wash – this didn’t smell anything like I expected. I guess when I read “herbal” on the bottle, I had a preset idea. This cleanser wasn’t bad. Typical foaming, but not the typical sulfate-causing dryness. I was pleasantly surprised. I used this instead of the Curls cleanser because I was doing a protein treatment and wanted to apply to thoroughly cleansed hair. I assumed that this cleanser would achieve that better than a co-wash.
- ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment – today made my third application. And while I’m getting fairly comfortable with the process, I have to say that I’m not a fan of it.
- Shea Moisture Deep (without the typo this time)Treatment Masque – I picked this up last week at Walgreens and forgot to mention my purchase. This conditioner is okay. I’m not a huge fan of the fragrance, but for the price and the ingredient list, I think I can stick it out.
- Coconut & Castor Oil – I sealed most of the length of my hair with coconut oil and concentrated on my ends with the castor oil since I was bantu knotting. I’m getting low on the castor oil mix and am looking forward to finally working some JBCO onto my hair.