Recap from Day 15 Wash Day
- Coconut Oil – It’s coconut oil. *shrug* I feel like coconut oil is such a standard in curly haired regimens, that I don’t even need to say more than that.
- U R Curly Soya Shampoo – This was one of the samples that I decided to crack open so that I can clear out the product collection. It probably came with one of my many CurlMart orders. It wasn’t bad. I can say that I like it better than the Aubrey shampoo because my hair didn’t feel strawy after using it. A little also went a long way. It’s still shampoo though…
- Suave Professionals Almond + Shea Butter Conditioner – me and Suave tend to get along on the conditioner front. I swore by their Tropical Coconut conditioner for most of my natural-hair-life. So when I saw they had added this product to their “professionals” line, I gave it a go. I like it. It’s a step up from the cheapie, but still completely affordable which I’m a huge fan of.
- güd Vanilla Flame Natural Softening Conditioner – totally an implulse buy at Walgreens one day. It was on the clearance table for like $2, I think. I bought like three bottles. “It’s by Burt’s Bees,” I said. “It’s naaaaatural,” I said. And it’s vanilla scented! New favorite, right? Not even. Let’s just say that I knew after I first used it the reason it was probably on the clearance table. “Softening” Conditioner? Nope. And that brand name? “güd?” (see what they did there?) I think that might be Turkish for “yeah… no thanks.” But. Again. I’m clearing out the product collection so I’m powering through it.
- Homemade Mix – I had some leftover Eden Body Works Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner (you know… when you have too much to throw away, but not enough to get a full use?). So I mixed a little olive oil and honey into that for this week’s deep conditioner. *shrug*
- Darcy’s Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip – this is one of my standard products. I love the product’s texture – a little heavier than Darcy’s Daily Leave-In, but not super heavy or greasy. I feel like it does really well when I’m stretching my hair.
- I pre-poo’d this week. That’s another one of those things that I’m not ALWAYS consistent with. I suppose it really comes down to whether I feel like it or not… and whether I feel like my hair is SO tangled that I feel like it needs extra help in the detangling department.
- The shampoo part was standard – cleanse out buildup and this week, most of the pre-poo oil.
- I use slippy conditioner after cleansing to thoroughly detangle into four sections.
- I deep conditioned as usual for an hour with my Hair Therapy Wrap and then rinsed.
- I applied the Cocoa Whip to damp hair and put my hair on a whole bunch of rollers. I left the rollers in for a few hours… my hair wasn’t completely dry when I took them down. But it’s not like I was trying to style it. I just needed to stretch it.