Recap from Day 8 Wash Day
- Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo – I’ve already talked about this stuff. I don’t particularly care for it. I’m just using it until it’s gone. I won’t be buying it again. I think I bought it because so many people swear by it… but I never experienced the wow on this product. Actually, neither the shampoo nor the conditioner rocked even a piece of my world.
- ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment – I didn’t expect to be blown away by this product since it’s really about its after-effects on hair. It smells awful. The application is tedious. I knew all of that going in. If the benefits are as great as I hope they are, I’d be willing to deal with it as part of my regular regimen.
- Homemade Mix – the banana baby food and honey (and sometimes also olive oil) concoction has always been a winner for me for whatever reason. It super-moisturizes my hair and makes my hair feel like magic. With the whole protein-treatment thing going, I figured it was particularly important to re-moisturize my hair at the highest level possible.
I forgot to take a picture of my leave-in and seal products (oops), but it was the same as last week – Darcy’s Cocoa Bean Hair Whip and Coconut Oil. I have to say that sealing is a practice that I normally am not religious about… I always add a leave-in/moisturizing product after washing, but I haven’t consistently sealed. I’m going to try to be more committed to that practice in hopes that I’ll see positive results in return.
- I washed my hair since the protein treatment is supposed to be applied to clean hair (I wasn’t buying the ApHogee shampoo when I already had shampoo. hmph!)
- I applied the protein treatment as directed (also, I watched numerous YouTube videos to prepare myself) and used a blow dryer because I don’t have a hooded dryer (instructions say “sit under dryer”). After rinsing, I added the balancing moisturizer (pics below) and then rinsed and then deep conditioned.
- I deep conditioned for an hour with my Hair Therapy Wrap and then rinsed.
- I applied my leave-in and seal to damp hair and pulled my hair back to dry overnight. I actually had something to do, so I couldn’t dry in bantu knots or rollers or whatever. I went out with damp hair. *shrug*